New York Employment Law Attorneys Protect Your Rights
Providing quality legal service since 1994
If you are facing an employment law issue, you may be unsure of where to turn. You may not know your rights as an employee. The experienced and highly respected NYC employment lawyers at the Law Offices of Tacopina, Seigel & DeOreo are well-versed in all aspects of employment law. The firm’s distinguished legal team can promptly assess your case and provide you with knowledgeable guidance.
What employment lawyers in NYC can do for you
Any type of work-related dispute can cause you to experience unnecessary stress and frustration. But if your employer is violating your rights, you may be able to take legal action. The dedicated employment discrimination lawyers at Tacopina, Seigel & DeOreo can assist you with the following matters:
- Employment discrimination and sexual harassment
- Employment contracts and severance agreements
- Restrictive covenants and noncompete agreements
Prosecuting a claim in employment law
The New York employment lawyers at the Law Offices of Tacopina, Seigel & DeOreo have extensive litigation experience. The firm is proud to assist you with prosecuting the following issues:
- Pleading requirements — Depending on the nature of your employment matter, the pleading requirements will vary from simple factual allegations to more complex allegations of contractual breach.
- Issues to look for during discovery — The discovery sought in an employment case depends upon the cause of action asserted by the plaintiff. For example, in a sexual harassment case, the plaintiff might seek evidence of workplace harassment in the form of e-mails, internal memoranda, video surveillance and witness statements. On the other hand, in a breach of noncompete agreement case, you might seek contract drafts, witness statements and geographical evidence.
- Using expert witnesses — Employment litigation may call for the use of experts from any number of disciplines including professionals specializing in the particular form of employment at issue, computer forensic experts, accountants and wage-and-hour experts.
Trusted NYC employment law attorneys
The skilled attorneys at the Law Offices of Tacopina, Seigel & DeOreo have a reputation for being aggressive and experienced in handling employment law matters. Call today at 212-227-8877 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with a highly qualified attorney at the firm.