“One of the most prominent trial attorneys in America.”
– Fox News
“Mr. Tacopina is to the defense bar what Donald Trump is to real estate”
– The New York Times
“Joe Tacopina, defense attorney… one of the best”
—Matt Lauer, Today Show
“[Tacopina] ranks among a group of top criminal defense lawyers”
—The Wall Street Journal
“Elevated to the upper level of prominence”
“The best defense attorney in the country”
—Sid Rosenberg, WABC Radio
“Joe Tacopina, one of the go to defense lawyers in America”
—Don Imus, Imus in the Morning
“One of New York’s fiercest defenders”
—NY Daily News
“Top-shelf, high powered litigator”
—New York Post
“High profile, high powered New York defense attorney”
“One of the great defense attorneys of all time”
—Sean Hannity, Fox News
“One of the country’s top attorneys”
—Soledad O’Brien, CNN
“When you hire Joe Tacopina – it’s over”
“Joe Tacopina is one of New York’s best criminal defense attorneys”
—Geraldo Rivera, Fox News
“Tacopina’s unbelievable. That guy works magic. He is the real deal. He’s not to be messed with”
—Don Imus, Imus in the Morning
“One of the great trial lawyers in America who wins cases that nobody else could win”
—Rikki Klieman, Court TV Analyst
“A top New York criminal defense lawyer”
—Crain’s New York Business
Top NYC Criminal Defense Lawyer
Preeminent representation for serious state and federal charges
When New York criminal defense attorney Joseph Tacopina walks into the courtroom, heads turn. An impressive track record of winning criminal cases precedes Mr. Tacopina, along with notable prestige from his regular appearances as a legal analyst on MSNBC, CNBC, NBC, ABC, Fox News, CNN, and Court TV.
The Law Offices of Tacopina & Seigel has built a reputation as a law firm that tackles high-profile cases. Led by Joseph Tacopina, AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for his high ethical standards and professional ability, our defense attorneys succeed in handling what many criminal practices consider insurmountable legal challenges. We represent clients at the state and federal levels, defending against misdemeanor and felony charges. Through pre-trial defense tactics and skillful use of public relations media, our firm’s lawyers can often head off indictment, prevent cases from coming to trial, or obtain dismissals.
Tacopina & Seigel has proudly served New York City for more than 20 years, and our distinguished attorneys have more than 70 years of combined legal experience. Based in Manhattan, our law firm focuses on criminal defense, civil litigation, and securities litigation. As premier NYC criminal law attorneys, our mission is to deliver unparalleled value to our clients. We strive to achieve their goals through an unwavering commitment to results, achievement, and aggressive advocacy. Through it all, we strive to maintain the highest level of professionalism, integrity, and ethical standards.
NYC criminal defense lawyers aim to deliver unrivaled representation
Our elite criminal defense team addresses a wide range of criminal charges, including:
- White collar crimes – Increasingly, successful businesses and individuals have become high-profile targets of zealous prosecution for alleged criminal conspiracies, often for nothing more than inadvertent noncompliance with complex regulatory regimes. Our attorneys assume an aggressive posture when it comes to charges of white collar crime, including money laundering, securities fraud, embezzlement, computer fraud, tax evasion, and other types of nonviolent economic crime. In many cases, we can get out in front of an investigation and present facts that clarify the situation, leading to a settlement, a dismissal of criminal charges or a decision not to prosecute. Many targets of criminal conspiracy investigations are never charged with the underlying crime; they make an error in judgment, often as a result of inexperience with these types of investigations and wind up being charged with a cover-up. Don’t let that happen to you: contact our elite defense team.
- DUI – If you are charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you face damage to your reputation as well as jail time, fines and fees, higher insurance premiums, and the possible loss of your driver license. A skilled defense attorney can often deliver a much better outcome by challenging the state’s case and presenting the defendant in the best possible light.
- Drug crimes – Our law firm defends clients against criminal charges, including possession, possession with intent, trafficking, and manufacturing. But we have also had success in high-profile cases with civil law implications. When allegations of drug use threaten your reputation and your business dealings, including lucrative contracts that could be voided, we are the firm to contact.
- Assault – In New York City, the media center of the world, celebrities are often targeted by intrusive reporters and paparazzi and goaded into reacting to obnoxious encounters. In such circumstances, a reasonable defense of self often results in assault charges, quickly followed by civil lawsuits by opportunistic plaintiffs. We take decisive steps against criminal and civil actions. But even if you are not a celebrity, we are prepared to give you elite defense representation to protect your rights.
- Gun crimes – New York City has some of the toughest gun regulations in the country. The laws are so tough and complex that innocent mishandling of a legal weapon can easily result in a prison sentence, unless you have knowledgeable and experienced defense representation.
Tacopina & Seigel provides top-level defense counsel for traffic offenses, civil offenses, misdemeanors and felonies of all degrees. You owe it to your future to choose the best criminal defense attorney available.
Discuss your legal issue with a prominent New York criminal defense firm
The Law Offices of Tacopina & Seigel offers a free consultation to discuss your criminal charges, answer questions about New York criminal law, and find out how we can assist you. Our office is conveniently located in midtown Manhattan, on Madison Avenue, just one block from Bryant Park. To arrange an appointment, call 212-227-8877 or contact us online.