Chad Seigel is a founding partner at Tacopina, Seigel & DeOreo.
With over two decades of experience, Mr. Seigel has practiced in both Federal and State Courts, skillfully defending a broad array of cases at both the trial and appellate levels. He has helped scores of clients involved in white-collar cases, including those charged with fraud, embezzlement, and securities and tax related crimes. He has also successfully defended clients facing other serious charges, including narcotics, DWI, sexual offenses, and violent crimes.
His extensive knowledge and achievements in this field, along with his representation of various high-profile clients, have led Mr. Seigel to appear frequently as a legal commentator for Court TV and other media outlets, as well as to lecture to his colleagues and publish materials on issues of criminal law and procedure.
Mr. Seigel has successfully represented clients in civil matters, recovering substantial money damages for sexual harassment and abuse, and advancing the interests of those involved in commercial litigation cases.
Mr. Seigel is admitted to practice in the states of New York and New Jersey, as well as Federal Courts in the Eastern, Southern and Western Districts of New York, the District of New Jersey, the District of Connecticut, and the Eastern District of Michigan.
Recognized as one of NYC’s top attorneys, Mr. Seigel has been consistently selected to the New York Metro Super Lawyers every year since 2014, an honor given to attorneys who exhibit excellence in practice.
After graduating from New York University’s Stern School of Business, Mr. Seigel went on to earn his Juris Doctorate degree from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law.
- Criminal Defense
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- Civil Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Sexual Harassment
- Commercial Litigation
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- Juris Doctorate
- New York University’s Stern School of Business
- Honors: With Honors
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- Selected to New York Metro Super Lawyers, 2014 – 2020